No applications available + Site creation doesn't work

Jul 4, 2008 at 7:45 PM
Hi,

I've followed the instructions in the documentation to the letter. I've come to the point of testing everything (solution config and solution kit websites are properly installed, I can create a user, start the provisioning of the web site), however, I have the 2 following problems:

• In the solution config, I do not have any applications available in the bottom list. To confirm this, when I try adding a solution from the solution kit page, if there are any solution associated applications (i.e. the non sharepoint ones) checked, I get an error about reference object not set.
  • I am still able to create a site if I stick to sharepoint-specific applications. After the site is created and provisioned (bar reaches 100%, no errors) and I access the site, I am greeted with the FBA form where I enter my user name and password. Everything goes ok (it seems to take them), but the page I am forwarded to is a HTTP 404. It seems as though the site is not created.

Event logs look clean, dns is properly set-up and I can't seem to figure out what to do. SharePoint admin indicates there are no site collections created on the 80 web app, is this normal?

Looking forward to your help!