ProviderName + ":" + OwnerLogin

Aug 9, 2007 at 2:23 PM
Has anyone had issues using ProviderName + ":" + OwnerLogin when calling CreateNewSite...?

I continously get User Cannot Be Found errors, but as soon as I change the ownerlogin format to DOMAIN\\username it works correctly.

Any ideas on how to correctly use the ProviderName + ":" + OwnerLogin format and why this is used?

Thanks,
Curtis
Aug 15, 2007 at 4:03 PM
I'm not sure if this discussion board is still be utilized, but regarding setting-up Active Directory users for SP:

I am using AD auth and see in the documentation ("Creating shared hosting solutions...") where it causes problems to add 2 users with same login...e.g. jsmith. Even with an OU for each SP Site, how can you set this up so I can add 2 jsmith users in AD for 2 different SP Sites?

I could never get the providername:ownerlogin to work, so all are using domain\ownerlogin. Can someone point me in the right direction to set this up for multi-tenancy using AD Auth.

Thanks!
Curtis

cchughes wrote:
Has anyone had issues using ProviderName + ":" + OwnerLogin when calling CreateNewSite...?

I continously get User Cannot Be Found errors, but as soon as I change the ownerlogin format to DOMAIN\\username it works correctly.

Any ideas on how to correctly use the ProviderName + ":" + OwnerLogin format and why this is used?

Thanks,
Curtis