Site Provisioning not working

Jul 18, 2007 at 11:02 AM
HI,

I have been trying to make this Starterkit working but can't able to do that. Site Provisioning process seems working but no site appears in dashboard in end.

I decided to debug this application, following web servies's function (in WSSServices.cs) is failing

hostingToolsWS.CreateNewSiteNewSQLOwner

with following exception message

"Server was unable to process request. ---> Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I have checked all the passing parameters and it seems very thing is fine, with correct server name etc.

Would anyone please help me that what can cause this error or why it is not working? Is there any prerequisite I am missing.

Regards
Danish

Coordinator
Jul 19, 2007 at 8:43 PM
Hi Danishalam

When the SharePoint site is being provisioned, the user's password is hardcoded to pass@word1. This is a current limitation to the starterkit. So at the time that you create the StarterKit user, use the password: pass@word1
You also need to be aware that you must use unique domain names.

Let me know if this helps.

Lisa

danishalam wrote:
HI,

I have been trying to make this Starterkit working but can't able to do that. Site Provisioning process seems working but no site appears in dashboard in end.

I decided to debug this application, following web servies's function (in WSSServices.cs) is failing

"Server was unable to process request. ---> Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I have checked all the passing parameters and it seems very thing is fine, with correct server name etc.

Would anyone please help me that what can cause this error or why it is not working? Is there any prerequisite I am missing.

Regards
Danish

Jul 20, 2007 at 3:34 PM
Hi Lisa

I tried as per your suggestions , but it didn't worked. Is there anything else I should check or Is there anyway I can check which specific object is failing?

Regards
Danish

lisataka wrote:
Hi Danishalam

When the SharePoint site is being provisioned, the user's password is hardcoded to pass@word1. This is a current limitation to the starterkit. So at the time that you create the StarterKit user, use the password: pass@word1
You also need to be aware that you must use unique domain names.

Let me know if this helps.

Lisa

danishalam wrote:
HI,

Regards
Danish