Bad Logon Error while creating OU

Jun 26, 2007 at 12:50 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2007 at 2:26 PM
Hello,

I am receiving a logon failure: bad user name or password error while trying to create a OU (i am using the CreateNewSiteNewOwner method). I have completed all the instructions as in the Hosting Web Services Readme.doc in User and Site Provisioning Web Services folder.

Additional information: I found out from the Error log that while trying to create the OU it is using iusr_servername
accout which is the account that has annonymous access and that is the reason it is failing while trying to create the OU. I had specified the user account to use in web.config as follows:

<membership defaultProvider="ADMembershipProvider">
<providers>
<remove name="ADMembershipProvider" />
<add name="ADMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="ADConnectionString" connectionUsername="coop\amir" connectionPassword="Am1rwst" enableSearchMethods="true" attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName" />
</providers>
</membership>

I was hoping that it will use the domain account to create the OU but it is not the case. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Regards,
Ramprasad
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2007 at 12:21 AM
Hi Ramprasad,

One thing you might want to look at is the AppPool that your application is running under. Make sure that the identity has privleges. For the SolutionKit application, we have set the applicationPool identity to that of the centralAdmin AppPool identity.

Regards,
Lisa

ramprasad1980 wrote:
Hello,

I am receiving a logon failure: bad user name or password error while trying to create a OU (i am using the CreateNewSiteNewOwner method). I have completed all the instructions as in the Hosting Web Services Readme.doc in User and Site Provisioning Web Services folder.

Additional information: I found out from the Error log that while trying to create the OU it is using iusr_servername
accout which is the account that has annonymous access and that is the reason it is failing while trying to create the OU. I had specified the user account to use in web.config as follows:

<membership defaultProvider="ADMembershipProvider">
<providers>
<remove name="ADMembershipProvider" />
<add name="ADMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="ADConnectionString" connectionUsername="coop\amir" connectionPassword="Am1rwst" enableSearchMethods="true" attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName" />
</providers>
</membership>

I was hoping that it will use the domain account to create the OU but it is not the case. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Regards,
Ramprasad