starterkit site published and not creating user

Jun 26, 2007 at 10:34 AM
i have installed windows 2003 server on d:\ drive and sql server 2005 is installed as wss configuration database i run the HosterStarterKitInstall.bat is no error reported.
I published starterkit on D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\StarterKit and its working but when i want to create user its not allowing me to create any user and also aspnetdb is not showing in my sql server 2005 database. Central administration is not showing starterkit in "wss application list" so i cannot extend this site to allow form authentication and any further changes. reply what mistake am i doing?

Regards,
Ewalker
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2007 at 9:55 PM
Hi ewalker,
This is a sample application that we have made available. You must follow the install document and install/configure everything on the C: drive. We are putting together an update to the install. Here are additional prerequisites that you may want to follow.

1. Configure Central Administration on Port 33051
2. SolutionConfig and StarterKit 2 separate WebSites outside of SharePoint. Configure them on ports other than 80, and set their physical path at the c:\ root. You will not see them in Central Administration.
3. set ASP.NET version on the 2 websites ( SolutionConfig and StarterKit ) to 2.0.
4. Modify Starterkit's web.config replacing "moss" with your servername.

Regards,
Lisa

ewalker wrote:
i have installed windows 2003 server on d:\ drive and sql server 2005 is installed as wss configuration database i run the HosterStarterKitInstall.bat is no error reported.
I published starterkit on D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\StarterKit and its working but when i want to create user its not allowing me to create any user and also aspnetdb is not showing in my sql server 2005 database. Central administration is not showing starterkit in "wss application list" so i cannot extend this site to allow form authentication and any further changes. reply what mistake am i doing?

Regards,
Ewalker