Problems Deploying Solution

Jun 11, 2007 at 9:50 AM
Hi,

I've tried to deploy the "Sharepoint For Hosters" solution, in vain. During the installation, I followed the steps of the "installation doc", I resolved some deployment problems but the installation seemed to be Ok at the end.
Finally, I'm testing the solution since yesterday and I have a problem. All the stuffs and features of the solution works fine except the websites creation ! The most important thing in the solution doesn't work :)
When I attempt to create a site with the starterkit webapp, all the stages of the creation proceed well but at the end, when I click on the button for seeing my new website I created, nothing... It doesn't appear on the dashboard panel too.
So, I think it's maybe a problem with the webservices and the references to the local server (In the source code files, the server name seems to be used a lot of time). If someone may help me, it will be great :)

Thanks
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2007 at 3:35 AM
Hi Proxitec,
The installation doc mentions that the server "moss" was used to test the install, and that name needs to be changed to your specific server name in the HosterStarterKitInstall.bat and web.config files. Please ensure that you have replaced all occurences of the "moss" server name.

Run the following sharepoint command to see all the sites that exist on the server. You'll be able to verify whether the site was created.

stsadm -o enumsites -url http://<yourservername>

thanks,
Lisa

Proxitec wrote:
Hi,

I've tried to deploy the "Sharepoint For Hosters" solution, in vain. During the installation, I followed the steps of the "installation doc", I resolved some deployment problems but the installation seemed to be Ok at the end.
Finally, I'm testing the solution since yesterday and I have a problem. All the stuffs and features of the solution works fine except the websites creation ! The most important thing in the solution doesn't work :)
When I attempt to create a site with the starterkit webapp, all the stages of the creation proceed well but at the end, when I click on the button for seeing my new website I created, nothing... It doesn't appear on the dashboard panel too.
So, I think it's maybe a problem with the webservices and the references to the local server (In the source code files, the server name seems to be used a lot of time). If someone may help me, it will be great :)

Thanks

Jun 12, 2007 at 7:46 AM
Thank You Lisa for your answer,

I know that the server used during the installation was named "moss" and I changed all occurences of the server name in the two files mentioned in the installation doc. But after some research, I found more occurences of the server name in others code files. For example, in the starter kit web app, in the WSSSERVICES class, the server name and the port (TCP) number of the sharepoint administration site are written directly in the file. May I change all the occurences of the server name in those files or not ?

Thanks for all.

ps: I enumerated the sites but there are not listed.

lisataka wrote:
Hi Proxitec,
The installation doc mentions that the server "moss" was used to test the install, and that name needs to be changed to your specific server name in the HosterStarterKitInstall.bat and web.config files. Please ensure that you have replaced all occurences of the "moss" server name.

Run the following sharepoint command to see all the sites that exist on the server. You'll be able to verify whether the site was created.

stsadm -o enumsites -url http://<yourservername>

thanks,
Lisa

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2007 at 1:27 PM
Hi Proxitec,
You are correct about the hard-coded server name in the WSSSERVICES class. Please change that appropriately and re-compile. We'll look into changing that in the next version.
Jun 13, 2007 at 12:32 PM
Thanks Gregper.

I tried to change all occurences in the StarterKit solution but it doesn't work. My boss wants to implement your solution and charged me with solving the problems of deployment.
So, I saw that the source codes of the webservices you had programmed, are not present in the sources of the solution. For example, I can't access to the webservice which create a site. It would have been interesting to be able to reach the source codes to see how the data proccessing is done.
To simplify, my question is : May you give me solutions to deploy the project on my server ? I saw in the installation doc that you configured a VPC, maybe it would be interesting for me to test your solution on this VPC and present it to my boss ?
I wait for your answer.
Thanks for all again. Sorry for the bad english but i'm a poor french who doen't speaks this language very well :)

Gregper wrote:
Hi Proxitec,
You are correct about the hard-coded server name in the WSSSERVICES class. Please change that appropriately and re-compile. We'll look into changing that in the next version.

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2007 at 5:32 AM
Hi Proxitec,
in addition to changing the WSSServices class, you will also need to change the web references to point to the versions that exist on your server. The web references are pointing to the Central Administration port number. You will need to update it to your specific Central Administration's port number.

Proxitec wrote:
Thanks Gregper.

I tried to change all occurences in the StarterKit solution but it doesn't work. My boss wants to implement your solution and charged me with solving the problems of deployment.
So, I saw that the source codes of the webservices you had programmed, are not present in the sources of the solution. For example, I can't access to the webservice which create a site. It would have been interesting to be able to reach the source codes to see how the data proccessing is done.
To simplify, my question is : May you give me solutions to deploy the project on my server ? I saw in the installation doc that you configured a VPC, maybe it would be interesting for me to test your solution on this VPC and present it to my boss ?
I wait for your answer.
Thanks for all again. Sorry for the bad english but i'm a poor french who doen't speaks this language very well :)

Gregper wrote:
Hi Proxitec,