Issue with solution file

May 17, 2007 at 3:31 PM
I have been unable to launch the solution file to compile the "Hosting Provisioning Features for User Creation and Password Changing". The error I get is "The project type is not supported by this installation. I have verified this on two different systems both with Visual Studion 2005 SP1, and both with AJAX installed and the WSS SDK. Do you know what could possibly be causing this error?
May 17, 2007 at 4:38 PM
Also both the links under 2.3 in the document "Hosting Provisioning Features readme.doc" are broken links. I need information on how to setup the AD membership provider.
May 17, 2007 at 4:51 PM

EJohnson wrote:
Also both the links under 2.3 in the document "Hosting Provisioning Features readme.doc" are broken links. I need information on how to setup the AD membership provider.

FWIW I am getting the same error messages in Visual Studio and with the links. Though I think the links have more to do with microsoft than the links in the page. I have had the same problem with other links to that site.
Coordinator
May 17, 2007 at 8:24 PM

EJohnson wrote:
I have been unable to launch the solution file to compile the "Hosting Provisioning Features for User Creation and Password Changing". The error I get is "The project type is not supported by this installation. I have verified this on two different systems both with Visual Studion 2005 SP1, and both with AJAX installed and the WSS SDK. Do you know what could possibly be causing this error?

Hi EJohnson,

You will need to install the Visua Studio 2005 Extensions for WSS 3.0
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=19f21e5e-b715-4f0c-b959-8c6dcbdc1057&DisplayLang=en
for the User Creation and Password Changing web parts.
May 17, 2007 at 8:50 PM
So I have to compile this solution with Visual Studio installed on a Sharepoint server?

Also...do you have updated links meantioned in the documentation?
Coordinator
May 18, 2007 at 4:34 PM

EJohnson wrote:
So I have to compile this solution with Visual Studio installed on a Sharepoint server?

Also...do you have updated links meantioned in the documentation?

Developing SharePoint solutions require access to the SharePoint .dlls, you can either install SharePoint on your Developement server, or copy the .dlls to your non-SharePoint environment.

Regarding the updated links. Please refer to the User and Site Provisioning Web Services project. That project the is update to the provisioning project mentioned in the document. You will find the necessary information to set up the AD membership provider for Hosting environments.